background

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Jesus Storybook Bible


Just fyi, I am going to try to have Bible Time going straight through the stories in The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones. I love this book because the author does a great job of showing how all the pieces of the Bible fit together, and shows God's plan from the beginning of time. On page 14 of the introduction she says "But the Bible isn't mainly about you and what you should be doing. It's about God and what he has done." The beautifully told stories are a little on the long side but they are perfect for my kiddos (age 4 and 7.) Since parents don't have a lot of time to read, my intention is to use more pictures, less words. Since this is going through the summer we will have lots of outdoor activities and water play probably. Come along with me on this adventure.

No comments: